We live in a money hungry society, where a lot of people want to make as much money as possible without jumping through all the necessary hoops in education. There is a reason that education and certification are a requirement for many professions, especially in the locksmithing industry. When you call for a locksmith the first thing you should be sure of is that the locksmith has all the required certification for the services they offer.
Why is this important?
- Damage prevention of personal property
- Cost and efficiency
- Long lasting security and warranty services
Anyone can google tutorials and “learn” the basics. Unfortunately there are scam artists out there who are hoping to make a quick buck by fixing locks for a “cheaper” price than other locksmiths. When you are searching for the least expensive option, consider that someone without proof of certification has likely watched a few videos, and actually has no real or substantial experience in the field.
What do certified locksmiths offer compared to non-certified locksmiths?
First of all, if they are not certified they are not a locksmith. A locksmith is someone who has been through extensive training in the field, has passed necessary tests, and has performed the services under exceptional supervision. Certification is not a piece a paper, it is proof that the person assisting you will provide exceptional services and proper advice for prevention methods in the future. Locksmiths should provide lock services and security advice, keeping your safety and overall security at the forefront of their mind. At Locksmith Plus Inc, locksmiths are trained, certified and available at all hours in order to help keep you and your family safe.
5 reasons a professional (and certified) locksmith is your best option:
- They are bonded and insured, meaning that if a job is not done as carefully as it should be, and there is damage to the customer’s property, the customer is not held responsible. Certified locksmiths take responsibility for damaged property, and are insured in case accidents happen – and no matter where you go, mistakes DO happen.
- Certified locksmiths have exceptional equipment. A professional locksmith will come equipped with the necessary machinery and tools to perform a job.
- They have a reputation and can be relied on. The most common services provided by a locksmith are unlocking services. This means if you lock your keys in your car, home or business, and you need assistance, you will need to call a locksmith who can guarantee time efficiency. Non certified locksmiths (AKA: scam artists) are in no hurry, and will likely come up with as many excuses for their poor attendance as they can. A professional and certified locksmith should be in the industry to serve you, and will meet attendance requirements.
- Certified locksmiths are properly trained. They go through rigorous training through registered schools and programs. The amount of training in locksmithing is extensive and necessary in order to provide the kinds of services offered. There are lots of small details that go into the profession, and without the proper education these small details could be missed leaving property damaged or unsafe.
- They know the in’s and out’s. A professional and certified locksmith can give you accurate advice in the way of security. They are also certified to give referrals, and will help you come up with the best security option specific to you and your family needs.
“Long lasting security is not guaranteed unless the job is done through a certified locksmith. The next time you visit a locksmith, ask them about their certification and their training required per employment” – Locksmith Plus, Inc